Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning, Fourth Edition
by Jacqueline Rhoads and Sandra Wiggins Petersen
English | 2021 | ISBN: 1284170314 | 484 Pages | ePUB | 121 MB
Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning, Fourth Edition covers the diagnostic reasoning process that providers must follow when assessing an actual case. The text outlines each step of the health assessment process and further demonstrates the link between health history and physical examination. It also provides the healthcare professional with the essential data needed to formulate a diagnosis and treatment plan.
Key Features and Benefits:
– Three introductory chapters cover general strategies for health history taking, physical examination, and documentation, and the remaining chapters cover clinical aspects of assessment, and focus on various systemic disorders
– New chapters on spiritual, cultural, and nutritional assessment
– Updated chapters on female genitourinary and breast disorders and musculoskeletal disorders
– Patient health history and physical examination are presented are presented in two columns. The first column gives the action, and the second column lists normal and abnormal findings, and possible diagnoses associated with those findings.
– Every clinical chapter contains a differential diagnosis of common disorders as well as a section on the assessment of special populations