Disco Cube Cocktails: 100+ innovative recipes for artful ice and drinks
English | April 7th, 2020 | ISBN: 1452180814 | 176 pages | EPUB | 16.17 MB
Disco Cube Cocktails is a ’70s-inspired cocktail book based on the magical properties of ice.
With 65 recipes for flavorful ice and the drinks that go with them, home bartenders can learn new icy creations to elevate any classic drink, infuse new flavor into a sipper as the ice melts, or impress friends at a party with a frosty punch bowl.
Inspired by unique ice in fancy bars and the over-the-top style of the ’70s, Leslie Kirchhoff started making specialty ice for high-end clients. Now you can do the same at home with recipes that offer more than just a classic cube.
• Unlock the secrets to fancy ice cubes—from clear ice to layered cubes to spheres that are liquid inside.
• Perfect for home mixologists looking to improve their drinks, as well as casual drinkers who want to liven up their nightly routine
• Ice recipes and cocktails are paired with psychedelic photography and disco playlists.
There are one-ingredient cubes to elevate any drink, infused ice to add flavor to simple cocktails, and pairings where ice and drink come together to make a concoction that you (and your guests) won’t forget.
Recipes include such inspiring concoctions as an Indochine Iced Coffee with Coffee Cubes, a White Negroni with Lemon Twist Cubes, the Hot Shot Margarita with Jalapeño Cilantro Shatter, and Whiskey Pineapple Punch with a Pineapple Cherry Ice Ring.
• Techniques and tips for making clear ice, layered ice, and architectural frozen delights that will take your home bartending to the next level
• A great book for cocktail and bartending enthusiasts, home cocktail makers, drink-nerds who love cocktail history, and anyone who enjoys experimentation
• The perfect companion for those who loved Shake: A New Perspective on Cocktails by Eric Prum, The Ultimate Bar Book by Mittie Hellmich, and Death & Co: Modern Classic Cocktails by David Kaplan