Fodor’s the Carolinas & Georgia (Full-color Travel Guide), 23rd Edition
Ready to experience the Carolinas and Georgia? The experts at Fodor’s are here to help. Fodor’s The Carolinas & Georgia travel guide is packed with customizable itineraries with top recommendations, detailed maps of the Carolinas and Georgia, and exclusive tips from locals. Whether you want to drive through scenic Blue Ridge Parkway, sample delicious Southern delicacies, or visit breweries and distilleries, this user-friendly guidebook will help you plan it all out. Our local writers vet every recommendation to ensure that you not only make the most of your time, but that you also have all the most up-to-date and essential information you need to plan the perfect trip.
This new edition has been FULLY-REDESIGNED with a new layout and beautiful images for more intuitive travel planning!
Fodor’s The Carolinas & Georgia includes:
• AN ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE GUIDE that visually captures the top highlights of North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
• SPECTACULAR COLOR PHOTOS AND FEATURES throughout, including special features on The Great Smoky Mountains and Civil War History.
• INSPIRATIONAL “BEST OF” LISTS identify the best things to see, do, eat, drink, and more.
• MULTIPLE ITINERARIES for various trip lengths help you maximize your time.
• MORE THAN 25 DETAILED MAPS help you plot your itinerary and navigate confidently.
• EXPERT RECOMMENDATIONS ON HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS offer options for every taste.
• TRIP PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS include: guides to getting around, saving money and time, beating the crowds; and a calendar of festivals and events.
• LOCAL INSIDER ADVICE tells you where to find under-the-radar gems, along with the best walking tours.
• HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL OVERVIEWS add perspective and enrich your travels.
• SPECIAL FEATURES on off-the-beaten-trail serene nature spots, from trails through the Blue Ridge Mountains, to the Twin Falls waterfall outside of Greenville, South Carolina, plus a look at Gullah culture in the Lowcountry.
• COVERS: Savannah, Atlanta, Tybee, and St. Simons in Georgia; Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Greenville, and Hilton Head in South Carolina; Asheville, Chapel Hill, Raleigh, Durham, the Outer Banks Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and Charlotte in North Carolina; and more.ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS: Each Fodor’s Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.