Frommer’s Portugal (Complete Guide), 24th Edition
English | April 23rd, 2020 | ISBN: 1628875054 | 493 pages | EPUB | 55.55 MB
You’ll never fall into tourist traps when you travel with Frommer’s. Doing so is like having a trusted friend show you around, taking you to the places locals like best. That’s because our guidebooks, unlike those of many competitors, are written by resident experts—like Paul Ames, a highly respected, Portugal-based travel journalist and the author of Frommer’s Portugal. In this proudly opinionated book he will help you sort through all the options so you can tailor a vacation that’s right for you.
Inside this book you’ll find:
• Savvy advice for avoiding crowds as you explore some of Portugal’s greatest gems, from Lisbon’s Alfama to the beaches of the Algarve to the Palácio Nacional de Sintra to the port-tasting rooms of Porto—plus tips for navigating the country’s lovely but less-traveled corners, such as Trás-os-Mantes and the Minho
• Where to discover the absolute best seafood in Lisbon, the tastiest fruit in Alcobaça, and the finest wines in the Douro Valley
• Insightful commentary on Portugal’s dazzling array of architectural masterpieces, like the Gothic Mosteiro de Santa Maria da Vitória in Alcobaça and the Baroque Palácio Nacional de Queluz
• Opinionated reviews—no bland descriptions or lukewarm recommendations here. Our expert author is passionate about the country, and he tells it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
• Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity, so there’s never any guessing or nasty surprises
• Lodging, restaurant, and shopping recommendations in all ranges from luxe to affordable
• User-friendly features including star ratings, detailed maps, and a pullout map of the country
• Large, easy-to-read fonts but thin paper, so the book isn’t too heavy to carry
• Helpful planning tips for getting there, getting around, saving money, and getting the most from your trip