The Family Tree Problem Solver: Tried-and-True Tactics for Tracing Elusive Ancestors, 3rd Edition
Proven Solutions for Your Research Challenges
Has your family history research hit a brick wall? Marsha Hoffman Rising’s bestselling book The Family Tree Problem Solver has the solutions to help you find the answers you seek.
Inside you’ll find:
• Work-arounds for lost or destroyed records
• Techniques for finding ancestors with common names
• Ideas on how to find vital records before civil registration began
• Advice for how to interpret and use your DNA results
• Tips for finding individuals “missing” from censuses
• Methods for finding ancestors who lived before 1850
• Strategies for analyzing your research problem and putting together a practical research plan
This revised edition also includes new guides to record hints from companies like AncestryDNA. Plus you’ll find a glossary of genealogy terms and case studies that put the book’s advice into action.